- Wireless Driveway Alarms
- Wired Driveway Alarms
- Long Range Wireless Driveway Alarms
- MURS Alert
- Driveway Alarm Accessories
- Sirens and Strobes
There are no products listed under this category.
Driveway Alarms and Drive Thru Alerts
There's nothing worse than having a visitor sneak up on you, or missing a customer because you didn't realize they had come and gone. With a larger property you may also have nosy guests or thieves looking to steal from you.
There are many different styles of driveway alarms, motion sensing alerts and drive thru alerts. They are 3 popular styles of driveway alarms and drive thru alerts:
- Motion Sensing - These systems will be triggered by any warm body moving in front of the sensor including vehicles, people and larger animals
- Magnetic Probe - These sense changes in magnetic fields created by the movement of larger metallic objects like cars or trucks. They can also detect moving industrial bins for garbage or storage.
- Rubber Hose - These use a rubber hose laid on the ground. Moving air from the hose when a vehicle passes over it will trigger the alert.
Regardless of the style, when motion is sensed, a signal is sent to a control box that will typically play a chime or warning tone in one or more locations to alert staff, residents or owners. In some cases the systems can also be connected to remote telephone dialers, email or text message alerts, as well as local sirens or strobes.